Friday, 1 October 2010

Job in Singapore








Forgot which day went for an interview with New York Skin Solutions.
Ann,my cousin sister's working there as a consultant.
Do you know how much the salary per month she can get?
S$4000++(basic + comm)
I applied my job as a receptionist.
Role same as customer service.
S$1600 is basic.
I failed my interview.
Don't laugh at me.That was my first time interview in my life=.=








After that I tried London Weight Management.
As a receptionist too.
I passed the first interview,
cause I already knew what the questions they will ask,
And I had prepare for this interview.

Interview Questions:
1.Why you choose to work in Singapore?
::Dun give stupid answers as "Sg is safe and clean"=.=
2.Why you choose to work in New York Co. but not others?
::Unacceptable answers:High Salary,etc.Dun talk about the benefits you can get from this company.
3.Ask a question about your EXPERIENCES.This is not a critical question.You are just describe what you do in the last job.The interviewer is only want to make sure that you really have the experience before.For those who dun have work experiences,just create one.
Conclusion:Talk more about future and prospect.

For the second interview,I failed=D
I admit that the interviews is extremely HARD.
This time I met the custodian of New York Co of Sg and China.=.=
You can imagine how difficult the questions she will ask you.


Interview Questions:
1.Basic question that most company will ask.Describe yourself.
::No need to repeat your name and those nonsence.All the details of yourself already written in a form and the interviewer already read through it.
2.Why do you think we must hire you?
Conclusion:Talk more about your personality and character.

After that I tried promoter in a boutique,at Orchard street.
Is a serious interview too.
Ask you formal questions such as why you want to work here=.=
But the basic is kinda low,only S$950 but sure have comm.
So, I rejected.

Then I went to a shop which sells girls thingy.
The in-charge person hired me and asked me to work the next day.
I rejected because is only S$1000 T_T


At the last I found my job.
As a waitress.
S$1100 (basic)
Not much.But I thought that was a last chance d.
I had set myself,if I cant get my job within 1 month,then I back to Malaysia.
But the second last day of the month,the manager of the restaurant called me=.=
This is a fate to work there.

Restaurant:Uncle's Kitchen,Bugis Junction,Bugis.

















The first day was tough.
5 mins to memorize all the short cut name of dishes and tables' number.
100+ types of drinks.
When knock off,
Place all the chairs on the tables.
The chairs are made by wood!So heavy for me>.<
Sweep and mop the floor.
Seniors are all older than me at least 10 yrs,
hard to communicate.>.<
SG's customers are very tight(similar meaning as troublesome) compare with Malaysian=.=

When there were happen any unhappy thingy when work,
I miss my family.
When I walked alone back to the home in the late night,
I miss my family.
When I eat dinner alone,
I miss my family.
When I off day stay in the home alone,
I miss my family.
When I shopping alone,
I miss my family.
I did miss them a lot!! T_T
I was so lonely in peoples' country that I really think that I cant blend in it.
Different culture,different trend,different taste of foods.

Actually I miss the food of the restaurant now>.<
I miss the fried rice with the chicken wings.












Look at the chicken wings,although has not a good looking,but actually it is delicious!!>//<
Many customers are only come for the chicken wings.
If chicken wings sold out,those customers can just leave=.=

No comments: